PEACEAnimals is headquartered in Puerto Vallarta, and works with communities throughout the Bay of Banderas and beyond.
Spay/Neuter animal clinics travel to a different area in the Bay of Banderas each week, primarily in the Puerto Vallarta area. The Pets for Life team travels north to San Blas, Rincon de Guayabitos, San Pancho, La Penita; and south to Oaxaca.
Grants have been generously awarded by Fondation Brigitte Bardot, Edith Goode & Alice Morgan Wright Trust (US Humane Society), Humane Society International, Marchig Animal Welfare Trust,, Richard R Reed Foundation, Summerlee Foundation, WWW Foundation and other granting organizations.
Should you want a clinic to come to your community, please contact Gretchen to schedule.
Gretchen DeWitt email@example.com
In sponsoring a clinic in your community, please keep in mind:
- You will need to be responsible to find a location with free water and electricity, and a secure area for the clinic trailer and equipment.
- Identify one person as Community Coordinator. We will need the Person's Name, Email, Phone Numbers.
- Provide water and lunch to the clinic staff.
- If the site is a considerable distance from Puerto Vallarta, we also ask for lodging for the staff.
- The cost of a 3.5 day clinic (Wed, Thurs, Fri from 9 AM-2 PM; Sat from 9 AM-Noon) is $1,800 USD or the equivalent in MXN for staff salaries and medicine. We will also need to charge for mileage, meals, and housing if the clinic is a considerable distance from Puerto Vallarta. We ask that these funds are forwarded to our ScotiaBank account a month or more in advance of the week we are in your community.
- An average of 25 cats and dogs per day are spay/neutered, and otherwise treated for ticks and diseases. The number of animals treated is a result of the volunteers in your community to bring in the cats and dogs.
- We sterilize animals two months of age and older; they must not have had food or water in the last 12 hours.
- We will provide the work free to the community, but will ask for donations.
- We will email a poster for your Community Coordinator to copy and place in various locations around town 1-2 weeks in advance of the clinic. Good places to post are outside school entrances, at Salud or other health agencies, grocery stores, and in the zocalo (town square).
- We ask that the Community Coordinator provide volunteers to assist in the clinic and round-up stray animals. We have traps and cages that we can lend to you in advance of our clinic.